We are all working on wrapping our heads around everything that happened last night, and will get a summary description post done asap.
HOWEVER, one thing we learned is that there are still a lot of people who plan to attend these Hearings who aren’t on our various mailing lists, or who are missing email notifications that get shunted into ‘spam’ or ‘promotions’ folders.
We have several methods to make sure you are updated in ‘real-time’:
- Scroll to the bottom of our homepage, or click here to reach us in 2 ways: a) send an email via ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’, or b) sign up for the newsletter list. Adding yourself to this list via the website also means that you will receive an email when a new blog post is published.
- You can also join our email mailing list via the public Facebook page, Neighbors of Boxborough
- Note – for email mailings, we’ve started using a free service that makes it easy for you to ‘unsubscribe’. The catch is that the emails come from ‘Boxborough Town Center’, rather from either of us, as individuals. Thus, you need to check your spam and promotions folders, and add the email to your contact list.
- You can ask to join our closed Facebook group – just for Boxborough community members. We mostly talk about the Town Center project, but we also share notices about other development projects in town, road closings, and community-related events / public service announcements. It is a friendly place, and a fun way to ‘meet’ neighbors.
- You can join nextdoor.com – which is basically everything I just described about our community Facebook group, but also has other topics like classified ads, recommendations of local services, notifications about lost pets, etc. I find it very handy, and the Boxborough population has grown recently to over 550 people!
So, if you follow any of these steps, you will be amongst the first to know about any upcoming meetings – and especially about time / date changes… since it seems they have been happening a LOT (often right when we have a large turnout planned…. some say coincidence, but – well, you should decide for yourself).